Monday, January 17, 2011

What's The Plan?

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand" -John 13:7

In this life, we have an incomplete view of God's dealings, seeing His plan only half finished or underdeveloped or just plain confusing. God's dealings within my own life will not be understood until I stand in the magnificent temple of eternity where I can finally have the proper perspective to see everything fit gracefully together.

I'm sure most of you know the story: I applied to the nursing study abroad program in South Africa, I was officially accepted, a week passes and then I find out that every acceptance was re-called. So I re-applied only to later find out I was officially rejected. So from April 15th, 2010 until September 15th, 2010, I buried myself under a rock, pretending that I was ok. But for those five months, I wrestled with negative thoughts about myself as a person, as a student, as a nurse. For five months, I prayed to align myself with His will. For five months, I wanted to forget about it. For five months, I tried to just trust in Him. Then on September 15th, I got the call that I was officially re-accepted to the program after one girl decided to drop from the program and not go. I think maybe He wanted me to be broken before I could come here but I'm not sureand I won't ever fully know until I finally stand in front of Him to ask.

And now I am here, after two weeks of intensive courses (90.5 clinical hours, 15 lecture hours, and 2 tests); I am less than two days away from finally leaving for South Africa -the place I've been dreaming about since I first entered APU back in 2007. All I can say is that I'm grateful for what God has planned for me. And I am ready to jump on that plane, I am ready for the adventure, I am ready to learn, I am ready to be stretched, I am ready to be uncomfortable, and I am ready to serve Him and His beautiful children in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment